Fairs that use the ShoWorks Web to take and process entries online, may opt to
have any payments (made through credit cards) routed
directly and immediately to their bank. Processing with credit cards
requires 2 additional services (these are mandatory for online
Gladstone does not charge any additional fees for routing online payments to
your bank, however the following services do charge minor fees. Contact
them directly for an explanation of fees. The following article is
intended to assist you with understanding the multiple companies that are
involved with a payment that is taken online from the ShoWorks Web, through the
Payment Gateway Company, into the Merchant Provider Company, and finally to
your Bank. Gladstone is not responsible for the service, pricing, or
quality assurance of any company involved other that Gladstone itself, but
rather provides compatibility with these providers to allow you a
choice for your ecommerce needs. Finding a good fit for your fair with
both a Payment Gateway and Merchant Provider is much like searching for a
bank. You must contact them directly (oftentimes by phone) to gather and
negotiate pricing that is suitable for your fair. Please note that while
we make every effort to keep contact information and pricing estimates of other
companies current, it is beyond our control when these companies change their
information and policies. As such, the information provided below may not
be current. Please notify us if we can update the information to help
For Credit Cards:
To have payments from credit cards routed from the ShoWorks Web
to fair's bank, the fair must have an account with two outside services: 1)
Payment Gateway which is a layer that routes the credit card information
securely accross the Internet to the 2) Merchant Account Provider (Visa,
Master Card, Discover, AmEx, etc.)
which processes the actuall credit cards into the fair's bank. The fair may
currently not have either, may already have both, or may
already have a Merchant Account Provider because they take
credit cards manually on the fairgrounds and only need to choose a Payment Gateway.
For fairs that have neither, or are on a buget, PayPal offers an all-in-one solution
called "PayPal Pro" which serves as both the Gateway
and Merchant, routing credit cards directly to your bank at a very low cost (usually
less expensive than if purchasing the two services separately). A few smaller "botuqie" companeis also provide helpful assistance to both a Gateway and Merchant, acting as an intermediary and often able to obtain better rates and provide a "hand holding" experience where you work with just one or two individuals at most.
The process for aquiring any of the services above usually takes 2 to 3 business days.
What you need to choose from (choose A or B):
A) All-In-One Solutions (includes Gateway and Merchant)
- Choose this if: your fair has neither service, or is on a budget, or open
to finding cheaper alternatives.
- There are "all-in-one" solutions that you may choose from:
- Product Name: PayPal Pro
- Product Name: UMS Banking
- Product Name: GoCashless
- The typical all-in-one fees are roughly (contact the respective companies
for current pricing):
- PayPal Pro: No setup fee, no monthly fee (waived when contacting using this info) plus 2.2% for credit card transactions (or 2.6% if paying with PayPal) plus $0.30 per transaction. Contact Curtis Keierleber firstname.lastname@example.org
- UMS Banking: Fees vary depending on card type, but average around 2.5% plus $0.15 per transaction. This is usually the lowest cost option since the $ per transaction amount is less than others, as the % is the smaller portion of total cost when taking a high volume of small $ amount transactions like entry fees. Contact Daniel Aragon Daniel email@example.com or Chris Lake firstname.lastname@example.org at (800) 324-8323
- GoCashless: Fees vary. Contact Brady Waite email@example.com (877) 362-3800 or (805) 368-3800
B) Payment Gateway (Gateway only, use if you already have your own Merchant)
- Only choose this if: you already have your Merchant Account Provider and cannot seek
other alternatives, as this option is typically more expensive.
There are two Payment Gateways that you can choose from:
- Product Name: Authorize.Net "Advanced Integration Method (AIM)"
- Product Name: PayPal Payflow Gateway (formerly called Payflow Pro)
- Contact the Paypment Gateways for their pricing.
- Contact information for either of the Payment Gateways are as follows:
What we need from you (follow these steps):